Like I said, I have had a rough time lately. I've been even sicker than usual (I'm always some level of sick these days), and most of all I've been weak and dizzy. We had to cancel plans with friends the other day so that I could stay in bed and rest. I obviously couldn't do any cooking (despite all the changes to our bedroom to accomodate my needs, we still haven't dragged the stove in there. Maybe someday), so we made a feast out of non-cooked items. In my world, that means cheese, cheese, bread, fruit, and oh yeah, some more cheese.
I had all the ingredients for caprese salad, but wanted something a little more user-friendly for an in-bed picnic, so Dan helped me quickly throw together some toothpicks with halved cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil. One nice thing was that the tomatoes I had were a rainbow of colors. The tray of them was drizzled with a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil.
The rest of our picnic was made up of Cambozola cheese (that's Camembert with a Gorgonzola mold), dilled Havarti, strawberries, berry-serrano jam, macadamia nuts, and bread and crackers. Since we were suddenly having this fabulous picnic, we decided to bust into a bottle of Michigan cherry apple hard cider. What the heck, right?.
We ate and watched Dancing With The Stars. It turned out to be not such a bad night after all. For once I was not as sad to be so weak that it kept me in bed.
Happy eating!

No comments:
Post a Comment